What You Should Know About Blogs
Blogging on a blog has become a mainstream activity. Blogs are pervasive and part of our everyday life. According to www.technorati.com , 95% of newspapers in the United States have reporter blogs. If you aren’t sure what I mean, then you should read this article. I will define what is a blog, identify a few of the common features of a blog, and list the types of content included on most blogs.
“A blogger blogs on a blog.” What does this mean? A blog is a website that allows the blogger to write or post content to it, typically text information, such as opinions or commentary. The person who posts content to the blog is called a “blogger.” And the act of writing content for the blog is called “blogging. ”
As well, there are three main types of blogs. If the blog is personal, the blogger usually blogs about his/her life. If the blog is professional, the blogger blogs about his/her work. If the blog is corporate, the blogger blogs about the products and services that the company sells.
Most blogs have the following features:
- Search option, which allows the people who read the blog to find information.
- Post section, which contains the content that the blogger writes and posts to his or her blog.
- Comment section, which allows people who read the blog to post comments.
- Widgets, which are third-part applications that you can be added to the blog.
- Blogroll, which is a list of links to blogs that the blogger admires and links to.
- RSS feed, which allows users to be notified when content is updated on the blog.
A blog can include several types of content, such as:
- Text content or post. This is text information that the blogger writes to the blog.
- Comments. These are opinions readers make about the post on the blog.
- Photographs. Blogger can upload and embed pictures to the blog.
- Video. Bloggers can upload and embed video to a blog.
For more information, read the “State of Blogosphere” at http://technorati.com/blogging/state-of-the-blogosphere/
In my next post, I will define some of the common terms about blogs and blogging.
If you have any questions or comments, please post them to my blog. Or, you can send me a message via email at email@example.com .